AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you guys have had any issues turning off DNIe in the SM for the HL-Sxx87W models. When I turn it off in the SM and boot back up, it is set ON in the user menu. I've also run into issues whereby the SM says it's off when in fact it is not. Has anyone else run into this.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Samsung is notorious for failing to understand the need (or desire) for disabling the processing that they include in their products. I can't vouch for the new DLP's but I have an older Samsung LCD model where the Dnie can't be disabled. A person can however go into the demo mode and see half of the screen disabled which usually looks better than with dnie enabled (less black and white crush).

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Did a HLS recently where turning off the DNIE in the service area significantly reduced the effect of the DNIE on the user side when it was activated. The negative effects appeared to be reduced by 80% or more compared to before.

Mind you ... anyone that knows anything about good imaging will still keep it off.

Regards

·
Registered
603 Posts
scooper750,

Anytime that you enter into the service mode, with these particular displays, the user menu is reset and DNIe is turned back to on. It is important to toggle the service menu DNIe option from off to on and then off again to ensure that it is off when in the service menu. When you exit the factory menu the user menu will then need to have DNIe set to off. Now, there is an error where sometimes it says it is off but the DNIe circuit turns back to on. To alleviate this, go to your brightness control and raise/lower the brightness setting by one click. You should see a drastic change in the image where the DNIe turned back off.

Let us know if this works.

Good Pictures!

Dave

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I knew there was something wierd going on with DNIe.

Thx again for all your input. I wonder if Sammy has a firmware fix for this.

I know that i'm not running the most up to date firmware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts