AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused. I live in the Boston area (Westford, MA), and I'm a D* customer trying to figure out what I want to do for HD (switch to Comcast or stick with D*). I called the D* DNS dept, and was told that I didn't qualify for any DNS channels. I was under the impression that in Boston CBS and Fox were O&O, so I could get DNS no problem. Am I in some sort of secondary market? The D* person wasn't too helpful in terms of answering questions.

Does anyone here have any insight?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatti
I'm a little confused. I live in the Boston area (Westford, MA), and I'm a D* customer trying to figure out what I want to do for HD (switch to Comcast or stick with D*). I called the D* DNS dept, and was told that I didn't qualify for any DNS channels. I was under the impression that in Boston CBS and Fox were O&O, so I could get DNS no problem. Am I in some sort of secondary market? The D* person wasn't too helpful in terms of answering questions.

Does anyone here have any insight?
Unless the situation has been changed, if you subscribe to D*'s HD package and live in the local service area of an O&O (WBZ and WFXT), you are allowed to receive the NYC CBS and Fox HD channels (WCBS and WNYW) on 80 and 88. However, if there is overlapping coverage from an adjacent DMA (Manchester, Springfield or Providence), and their CBS and Fox stations are just affiliates and not O&O, you may be denied access to HD DNS.

Try talking to the HD department at D*. They may be more accommodating.

Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm close to Manchester, so I guess that could be it. Is there any way to tell short of calling D*? The person who I spoke to there couldn't give me any details (other than "that's what the computer says")... Also, I didn't think there were CBS or Fox affiliates at all in Manchester.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.