AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 4080 from someone else on the forums and am trying it out. Firstly, I couldn't get SVideo input to work; I did a soft reset and that seemed to clear the problem.

I was doing a record earlier and while the unit seemed to continue to record without a problem, it looked like it went off the air -- I couldn't ping it or DVArchive it. Interestingly, at the same time I lost video output.

This RTV was connected to a Radio Shack input switcher (powered) that was connected to my receiver. After soft-resetting without apparently getting video back, I connected output2 directly to my TV and got video; I then connected output1 directly to the receiver (bypassing the switcher) and voila -- I got video. I also at around this point started being able to access the machine via the network once I hardbooted (turn off with button, pull power out, put power in, press button).

So now I seem to have video out on SVideo again and I can DVarchive. Success! Happiness!

But I have to admit to being a little concerned. This unit feels awefully flakey compared to my 3000. It's reporting SW version 520430360, BTW.

Thoughts? Should I be concerned? Should I be putting it back in the packaging for return?

-roy

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmm, that seems odd. Maybe it was a little shaken up during shipping? Unless there was a configuration problem, I don't think any of my 4000's acted like that. But heck, give it a couple of days and see what happens. But it shouldn't feel flakey when you are using it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.