AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a CRT HDTV, in the 50" range for not much more that 3-4K. We have all the components (excdept for the TV). Because of space, I'd like to get a TV that doesn't come attached to the speaker; I'd rather purchase a stand for the TV where I can stack our components. ONly the Samsung DLP seems to come like that, but I want CRT vs DLP. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
All CRT RPTVs I know of are designed to be standalone with integrated base, speakers. No tabletop models. This is because of the space and reinforcement required for the heavy optics, the mirrors and power supplies / electronics. I can appreciate the space problem and desire to integrate components into the same stand. However, with a CRT RPTV you are not going to be able to do that.

Some options are
  • Buy an entertainment center designed specifically for RPTVs. There are some compact models, but you may not have the space.
  • Use long cables from your receiver / components to the TV. Then you can put your electronics out of the way or along another wall. Hiding the cables will be an issue.
  • Look into a tabletop LCD. You can search the forum for the Panasonic and Hitachi. It may be more afforable than you think. Black levels will not touch a CRT, though.
  • Go with the Sammy DLP. Black levels are some of the best for non-CRT. It can be put on an integrated cabinet. It will be pricey, and there can be various issues. Search for "DLP" on the forum to read many threads detailing pros / cons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.