AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant get a big enough screen with the Runco RS1100 cine-wide in my theatre because of the throw distance alteration with the runco cine-wide lens.

Is there an after market solution that doesnt affect throw distance?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Dias /forum/post/0

Yes, Horizontal Expansion lenses shorten it, Vertical Compression lenses extend it. Make sure that the Runco you choose uses a HE, rather than a VC lens.

Vern

Why should I make sure it uses a HE?

I wanted to use the Runco RS1100 Cine-wide - but their lens is a VC lens and I cant make it fit in my theatre. So I plan to purchase an aftermarket anamorphic lens - probably the ISCO?

·
Registered
6,196 Posts

Quote:
Why should I make sure it uses a HE?

Because, as I explained above, an HE lens will deliver a larger image for a given throw distance, and you said
Quote:
I cant get a big enough screen with the Runco RS1100 cine-wide in my theatre because of the throw distance alteration with the runco cine-wide lens.

An Isco III should work for you as well, but you may not have the integration between lens and scaler that you would if you chose the Runco option that includes an HE lens. Of course, that will cost you $. But so will the Isco III and a stand-alone scaler.

Vern

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.