AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a Vizio E500i-A1 after reading great reviews. Overall it is nice, but it has some uniformity issues that are visible with scrolling/panning scenes or light/solid colored backgrounds. Black screen is fine, no flashlighthting or clouding, only light colors or solid colors really show the issues, and they are fairly minor, but enough to bug me.

So, I'm nearing the end of my return period, and seriously considering exchanging for another of the same model, or looking at a different model or even brand. It will be hard to match the Vizio in price:performance, but I'm considering paying the extra $150 for an M- series instead. That one being edge-little though, I'd expect even more pronounced lighting issues... then again, this E-series is SUPPOSED to be direct lit LED, but if you look at the pics, it has lighting artifacts at the top and bottom that LOOK like edge lighting to me.

So, are those types of issues just something that is going to be possible or likely with any LED-lit LCD set? Should I just consider myself lucky that it's not THAT bad or should I try my luck luck with another set?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts