AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little bit of a story first.

Bought a Vizo M470NV, was pretty happy with it but wanted to punch myself afterwards for spending 1100 on an LED LCD with sub par blacks, although I do miss the internet apps etc.

I went and picked up a Panasonic TC-P50S2, it was brought out of sears pickup on its side on a handcart, dident think it would be much of an issue but told the guy next time he brings out a plasma to do it properly, got it home and it was defective, flashing gree/blue/red pixels all over the place, went and returned it for the Samsung C550.. The PQ on this thing to me is great, but having a couple of problems with it already.. granted I dont have more than 100 hours on it but i noticed it get IR pretty quickly, like when i stop a movie on my HTPC and go to switch the input, quickly you can see a outline of my HTPC software, it goes away after a bit but still

Secondly, it seems to have bad judder, when panning it almost makes me nautious, with my vizio this wasnt an issue it all with the true motion turned on.

Thirdly, and I dont know if its just my set, but on a completely white screen, you can see Horizontal bars going down the screen every 1-2 inches.. any idea what this is?

Now im thinking I may return this back for the Panasonic P50S2.. i hear they have better blacks, which i realized quickly isnt really "black" on a plasma like an LCD, but the detial in dark scenes is much better over any LCD I've owned

also has the degrading blacks been addresed with the S2 series? from what I have heard they have been..

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I was also looking at the LG PK250, i hear its exactly the same as the 550 minus the USB port and extra HDMI?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its really bad when watching DirecTV, granted this isnt about LCD's but none of my previous 60HZ LCDs seemed to be this bad, and the true motion on my 120hz worked great.

On my HTPC, it doesnt seem as apparent but still can be "somewhat" noticeable but not nearly as nausiating, i kinad have to pay attention and look for it to bother me

Is there anyway to get less Judder with directv considering this is 90% of my viewing?

SD content seems smoother than the DirecTV HD channels

Jan the 250 does have a USB port, but its for service only, you are not able to view pictures with it like the 550

1 - 5 of 5 Posts