AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Marantz 6480, which is the same as the Philips 9905, it's my first RPTV, and when watching DVDs, I'm noticing pretty major color shift in fleshtone hues when people on screen move from one side of the screen to the other. On the right side, skintones are warmer, on the left side they're way cooler/bluer. I've been told this is because the blue CRT is at one end and the red CRT is on the other end, so hues appear warmer/redder on one side & cooler/bluer on the other. Now I'm just wondering is this just an inherent weakness of RPTVs that you all live with, or is it something that's particular to my TV that I can tweak or remedy? Thanks in advance.

------------------

Warren Tsang
http://www.geocities.com/sprasnc

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I'm no expert. I just know my Panasonic RPTV does NOT have this problem. I have noticed flesh tones wash out/become lighter when a bright white object or text sub-titles come into picture.

Good luck.

Hammer

·
Registered
5 Posts
I presently have a Sony HS10 and the LH corners are blue/white. I've learned to live with it. But it's piles better than the Toshiba I had--It not only was blue white on the LHS, the blue gun/pix was out of focus big time on the LHS particularly in the corners and I couldn't get Toshiba to deal with it. ("they are all like that"). My appliance store exchanged it for the Sony which is a much better set!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.