Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are obvious exceptions like "Panic Room" and "Punch Drunk Love"

I'm thinking about the silver packaging. I've seen "Gattaca" and a couple of others with out the slipcase and am wonmdering if they are reseals or if they came that way from the factory.

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
besides the exceptions, i've never noticed the silver slipcased superbits not including the slipcase. that's just my observation, i go to bestbuy every tuesday to browse. however i don't look that closely for superbits.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Most outright superbits come with the silver slipe case. All the superbits I have, have a case.

But a few have regular slip cases like spiderman2, the fifth element SE, leon SE. Although the regular sb fifth element and leon have the the slip case.

Wait panic room sb does not have a slip case. But that one sells for under 6 bucks in most bargin bin. That one has a bi fold case.

To sum it up from what I've seen all but one have a slip case. (Panic room)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a copy of Gattaca without the slipcase :mad: but you are right, it seems to be the only one I consistantly see without the slipcase but I also see versions with it. I wonder if there is a Gattaca superbit slipcase collector out there robbing all retail stores or just some came from the factory this way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are some others that don't even have the Superbit look to them, but are indeed SB. The three that come to mind are Adaptation, Closer and Brown Bunny. They all have little SB logos on the back, but no silver packaging and no slipcase.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Funny, my copy of Gattaca does have the slipcase. I have a copy of Desperado that has the silver box, but no slipcase. It's actually the only one of the twenty or so Superbits that I own.

It may be an issue of timing. Perhaps the first run of the disc has the slipcase and future runs don't?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I think becuase of the recent BB sale and them getting more to sell, some of the older titles are now coming in without the cover. The one I saw was Desperado. They had about 10 copies to sell and all of them had no slip covers.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman1037
There are some others that don't even have the Superbit look to them, but are indeed SB. The three that come to mind are Adaptation, Closer and Brown Bunny. They all have little SB logos on the back, but no silver packaging and no slipcase.

The recently released Silverado also doesn't have the standard SB packaging.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I got the special Silverado one with a deck of cards inside. You know, for a superbit, the film looked awful. Grainy.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I haven't watched it yet.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
All the Superbits i have seen have the slip case except for Spiderman 2. For me, i dont keep them, i pull the regular case out, and the slip case goes in the garbage. Dont need it, dont want it. I do like the fact that they come in the silver/gray slipcase though, as it made it real easy to spot them when i wanted to buy a bunch on the BB sale!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman
I do like the fact that they come in the silver/gray slipcase though, as it made it real easy to spot them when i wanted to buy a bunch on the BB sale!
Good point!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.