AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer VSX-01. I did the auto calibration about 5 times when setting it up when it was brand new. Now the AVR has about 200 hours of use and just did the auto calibration again. Every time the channel decibel setting has been set about 1.5 lower on all channels. Nothing has changed in the room and speaker positions are all the same. Why would that be?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse /forum/post/15489555

I Nothing has changed in the room and speaker positions are all the same. Why would that be?

Is your room and receiver frozen in time? Things have changed, you aren't aware of them

the computer chip in the receiver is.

Cd

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Maybe the transistors have become polarized at the quantum level

Hard to say what would cause such a difference. Seems unlikely the receiver has any issues.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Yes, about 2 minutes should do the trick. It's your brain that breaks in, not the amp. Are there measurable changes, yes, are they audible, no.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse /forum/post/15489555

I have a Pioneer VSX-01. I did the auto calibration about 5 times when setting it up when it was brand new. Now the AVR has about 200 hours of use and just did the auto calibration again. Every time the channel decibel setting has been set about 1.5 lower on all channels. Nothing has changed in the room and speaker positions are all the same. Why would that be?

Yes, Pioneer amps need to be Broken-in. You should have purchased an Onkyo, they are pre-broken-in
Please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts