AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
3,493 Posts
HOW MANY TIMES IS THIS GOING TO BE ASKED??????????????? IT WOULD BE NICE IF PEOPLE LOOK OR SEARCH FIRST BEFORE ASKING THE SAME QUESTION 10000000 TIMES AND NO THERE ARE NONE

· Registered
15,715 Posts
We need to make the search option a lot brighter and prominent than it is. I am waiting for another Denon 5910 inquiry thread. We're about due for one of those. ;)

· Registered
271 Posts
Does the Denon 5910 play WM9HD DVDs?

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nothru22
Are there any DVD players that play Windows Media 9 High Definition encoded material like that on the T2 Ultimate Edition or something you can make from an HD file on a computer?
Only if you consider a new computer with Windows Media Center Edition to be a 'DVD Player".

· Registered
43 Posts
I used the search function to look for WM9 players and I got to this thread.

This thread has no, I repeat zero, useful information in it about WM9.

Fat lot of good it did me using the search function.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
They could use a little more explanation. Things most forum "searchers" are not aware of are:

Some threads are archived and may not be able to be updated.

Also, the box that asks whether you want a fast search, slow, crawler, etc. can greatly affect whether your search gets any hits.

It looks for the number of hits on each of your search terms until it hits the number specified. For example, a normal search says 1000 hits so 1000 hits will be returned. However, if all 1000 hits contain only 1 of 2 search terms (joined with an and), your answer set will be nothing!

This means the order and number of search terms -- in addition to the type of search performed can directly affect what you find!

Forum users need to know how to use the search function better. Part of that learning should involve better instructions on the search page. One could argue that better visibility could also exist, but I'm not getting on that bandwagon. I found it VERY easily.

BTW:

The video (HTML) link above about the search function is quite humerous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.