AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HS10 projector, which has terrible (IMO) overscan which I hate. So I like to play video through Zoomplayer, so I can shrink the video down to fill the screen without overcan.

However, I miss the silky smooth playback one gets with a hardware solution. My Accessdtv card is very smooth and looks great but then I am subject to overscan.

Do any of the other cards (ATI HDTV Wonder, MyHD or other) let you zoom/scale the video a la Zoomplayer?

Thanks,

-Chriscic

P.S. - Alternatively. anybody have suggestions for smooth playback via software from an ATI x800XT? I've tried several decoders and none avoids microstutters on pans.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscic
I have an HS10 projector, which has terrible (IMO) overscan which I hate. So I like to play video through Zoomplayer, so I can shrink the video down to fill the screen without overcan.

However, I miss the silky smooth playback one gets with a hardware solution. My Accessdtv card is very smooth and looks great but then I am subject to overscan.

Do any of the other cards (ATI HDTV Wonder, MyHD or other) let you zoom/scale the video a la Zoomplayer?

Thanks,

-Chriscic

P.S. - Alternatively. anybody have suggestions for smooth playback via software from an ATI x800XT? I've tried several decoders and none avoids microstutters on pans.
You need to keep in mind that accessDTV and MyHD are the only available hardware decoder options at this time. HiPix is another option if you can find one on the used market (I don't believe new cards are available). The other options - Fusion, ATI HDTV Wonder, etc. - all use software decoding, so you're likely to have the same problem you do with Zoom player.

It is possible that the decoders you're using with Zoom aren't really up to the task or your system simply isn't fast enough - processor speed, video card, amount of RAM, and the decoders all come into play when using software decoding.

As I stated in your question about this in the accessDTV support thread, both the accessDTV and MyHD cards can support custom output resolutions which could very likely accomplish what you want, but some amount of programming would be required to do this. Both cards currently have software/driver support only for reasonably standard resolutions (I believe MyHD currently has a few more options than accessDTV has) - you're looking for something non-standard to take the overscan of your display.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.