Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon All...

I've begun looking for a new receiver. I have the Onkyo TX-SR703 and just feel like it's lacking power. I've always owned Onkyo receivers and am generally happy with their quality...They just seem like they're missing something. I'm looking for a new receiver in the $2,000 range. I would prefer satellite radio built in. Another feature I would really love to see is an input specifically dedicated to the iPod, without having to use a separate dock, using an aux input. Do any of the new receivers have these features?? I've looked at the HK AVR-7300, but that unit seems a bit dated. I believe it came out more than a year and a half ago. Is there any replacement for this unit that I haven't stumbled upon?? Any other receivers that I really should be looking at?? As always, any and all feedback is most appreciated.

John from Boston

·
Registered
21 Posts
John, check out the new Pioneer elite receivers, the VSX-74TXVi and VSX-72TXV have the features you mentioned. And they both within your price range.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbaldwin
Sorry, I have to ask. Why would you pay $2000 for a receiver to pump compressed audio through it?

Hmmmm...Not sure I have an answer to your question. Forgive me...I'm not the audiophile that you may be. I'm simply looking for a kickass receiver that will give me good quality, clean, loud sound!

John from Boston

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I am certainly no audiophile and it of course doesn't matter what I think when you are buying the receiver but I am just suggesting that you probably don't have to spend that much to get good quality sound especially if you will be mainly playing compressed MP3 and satellite radio.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, $1200

Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi, $1500

Denon AVR-4306, $2000

HK, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, none with both IPOD and XM ports, that I saw. Looks like the IPOD port on the Denon and Pioneers are different; not sure what that's about.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wonder why the Denon & Pioneer have different ports. I can tell you that the Elites come with a cord to plug you're iPod into the receiver. Hope this little bit of info may help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.