AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really feel like a damn idiot for not pulling the trigger on a Samsung 26" this summer or the Panasonic 26"($399) a few weeks back, as i'm looking to replace my 03' Samsung 27" HDTV for a 26" WS. (it needs to fit my ent. center, as the width must be 35 inches or less, of which most 30" HDTV's are just wider then)

Iv'e checked out B.Buy and they only carry thier brand Insigna($399 for the 26") and a Toshiba 26". But i don't like the new Toshiba's quality at all.

Iv'e checked out C.City and all they carry is( i think) the Philip's 26", of which i simply won't chance.

Even Sears has droped the Samsung and Panasonic 26" from the're inventory.

Does anyone know of a major retailer that would still carry eithier 26" HDTV?

(the reasons the rep's stated were that 26" HDTV's were being phased out)

TIA

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually owned the Panny 26" but took it back. Some bad Geometry issues, but overall, it was a great little TV. CC had it on sell for 399, but I went to CC a few days ago to pick up my TV and saw the price was back up to 599$. But I do believe CC still has them if that helps.

Edit: I actually checked the website and Didn't see it listed, yet it's on Display at my nearby CC. Odd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sometimes the B&M stores have different stock than what is available on the website...I would go to a Best Buy B&M and see if they have it there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Circuit City will be your best bet for either, so maybe try calling all of them in your area. Best Buy has never carried the Panny, and they dropped the Samsung 26" from their site around two months ago - so, yes, they might still have some in stores, but they've been on close-out ever since and probably went fast with the low price.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I just got a Samsung 26" WS for $419 at Best Buy two months ago. Havent been there to see if they still had them though. Might just call the closest few BB stores and ask if they still have any. Might get a good deal on the demo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.