AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a new receiver and am looking for a feature that I can't find. I simply want to send a L-R audio out from any selected source to another amplifier I have that drives speakers in other rooms. I don't need an independent Zone 2, just want to send the audio from whatever I have selected on the main receiver to the secondary amplifier.

Is this available? So far, all receivers I've looked at only send audio out from analog, USB, or net inputs (not from hdmi inputs).

Thanks

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
Also, the current (shipping) models from Denon and Marantz which support Zone 2 provide Zone 2 stereo analog outputs IF the digital input signal (HDMI or S/PDIF) is stereo PCM. They don't downmix multichannel audio.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball  /t/1525703/do-any-receivers-send-a-...l-sources-including-hdmi-inputs#post_24565292

They don't downmix multichannel audio.
And it's handled automagically between the sources and the AVR unless you specifically configure what the sources will output. It's part of the HDMI handshaking process.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
However if you use the front left/right pre-outs, you won't get a stereo downmix unless you've configured the recevier to only use two speakers in the main zone. They'll output only what is supposed to be heard from front left and right speakers, so no center channel dialogue, no LFE channel or low-frequencies at all if you've configured your front speakers as small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts