AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my system and was looking at socket 939 boards, but since my video card is still AGP, I was hoping to find one that would support it. One that does both AGP and PCI-EXpress would be even better. I checked on NEw Egg and Tiger Direct and could not find any though. I did find some 754 boards that have both, should I just go with that?

This is for a dedicated HTPC that is almost 90% DVD's, but I do want the option to do some gaming, but I am not a gaming freak and don't really need to paly at the highest of all resoltions and refresh rates

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what I was looking for, don't know how I missed it.

Too bad it doesn't have on-board SP DIF, but I have a chaintek so I am all good

Gracias

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I am using that asrock mobo as I type this. Works great overclocking my X2 3800 :) I am using it has a workstation but I've noticed it will not come out of suspend mode, at least on my machine, correctly. Other than that, its beats the crap out of my old P4 2.8 Prescott system.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyk
There are a lot of AGP 939 motherboards. I have one made by Asus.
He was wanting one with AGP. There is only one.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I guess I was referring to MoBo that you could overclock. When I was looking, Asrock was the only new board that seemed to be available.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelZ
I guess I was referring to MoBo that you could overclock. When I was looking, Asrock was the only new board that seemed to be available.
The Asus MB I referenced doesn't have a fan, which wouldn't make it that suitable for overclocking. But I thought that not having the fan was more rare than having a fan. Is something else needed for overclocking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.