AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy a new HDTV. It will mostly be used for XBox and PC games. i am concerned at what windows and games will look like on an HDTV. So i want to look at an example at some stores. I went to CC and Compusa and they were totally clueless.

Does any store actually have HTPC set up so you can see if it looks good. Seems like a huge untapped market. The only thing preventing me from making the plunge is my uncertainty to how the PC will look on an HDTV

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
iv'e been to a few high end stores in the chicago area and all dismissed the idea when i mentioned to them me using a htpc...they are so clueless!! even if you don't want to use one,you'd think a store would be educated in it..

brickie

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I think they are scared. Most HDTV's say not to hook up to a computer, so they don't. The closest might be a CompUSA, Best Buy or a Gateway Store with a computer running MCE.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Best bet is probably to find someone on this or another forum like it that lives near you and ask to visit their setup.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Good Guys did it for me, and I bought my Sony KP-61HS10 and 5 years extended warranty from them.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Digital Connection in Hunting Beach had an HTPC hooked up to a HDTV last time I was in there, I think they would have that set up or something similar all the time as that a key part of their business.

- Rick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cman321
Does any store actually have HTPC set up so you can see if it looks good.
Compusa. Now that they are selling big screen TVs. I saw two last weekend near Philly. Not hooked to CRT's just fixed pixel displays. With the media version of XP

Amusingly, one was in 'Safe Mode'. The guy came over and reset it.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.