AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering... Do Audigy sound cards suck? I have an OEM version of one, I think the A400, and I've run out of other things to blame for the annoying hiss coming out of my speakers. Does anyone have the same problem with their Audigy cards. Also, how much better are the Maudio cards compared to these. I'd get one if yesterday if it kills the Audigy. Thanks for any suggestions.:D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yup.

Their S/N rating is overinflated and it isn't much more than an overpriced Live! 5.1, which wasn't much more than a Live! which is pretty old.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I owned the Audigy Platinum XP that went bad within months, and the tech support was so horrible that I vowed never to buy from Creative again. My suggestion is to avoid them at all costs.

I love my Hercules GameTheatre XP. I primarily game though so I'm not quite AS worried about perfect sound.

Go looking for something else. Death to Creative!

-Grey

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an Audigy XP MP3+ hooked up to my Onkyo receiver via the S/PDIF output. I have no hiss and the audio quality sounds the same as my Toshiba DVD player (SD-3750). I do agree that the specs are inflated on this product.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.