AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The topic says is all, but I am more curious about the speakers that comes with the Onkyo HT-S780, or the Athena B1's that are recommended a lot to go with the Onkyo S503/530 receiver.

My wife doesn't want the wires to hang on the wall if i mount them, so my other option would be to put them on stands. I would like to know the survival rate of these speakers if someone knocks them over from the stand.

Another question i have is related to the center channel speaker. I have a Sony KDF-E60A20 sitting on a SU-GW12 stand whose shelves are made of glass. Would you guys recommended me putting the center channel speaker on the glass itself, or would the glass break due to the sound. The reason I can't put the speaker on the TV itself is since the top is only 3 inches thick or less. Sorry for this dumb question, but i thought I ask anyways.

Thanks,

Wally

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
as far as damage to the speaker from falling, i highly doubt anything will happen to it, other than cosmetic damage of course. i had an avia mini theather system back in 1995, for about 5 years, and those rear speakers used to fall off the stands every other week. they looked banged up, but they didn't sound any different 5 years later, after numerous falls. those speakers were light though, and the B1's are 14 pounds each, so that may certianly make a difference...

if you're that worried about it, you can get a 3M adheseve putty at any CVS Pharmacy. it's equivalent to "Fun Tacks" from years ago, only it's grey, and thicker. that would help hold them into place, once they're on the stands...

and no, the glass shelf shouldn't break from sound...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.