AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a current, long time owner of a Sony VPL-HS20. I usually watch content in dynamic mode, but sometimes cinema mode as well, and am satisfied with the brightness. I normally watch in very little to no ambient light. The projector is mounted 16.75' from the screen, and the screen is a Da-Lite 1.1 gain matte white 133" diagonal.

So the question is, if I upgrade to a VPL-HW10, will the brightness level be comparable to the VPL-HS20 given the above setup? In what i've ready the HS20 seems to have a slightly higher lumen output when calibrated, though some have disputed that. Would be interested in hearing from those with similar screens and experience with both of these projectors.

·
Banned
8,627 Posts
If you are sold on the HW10 but just need confirmation of the brightness for your setup, why not purchase from a dealer with a good return policy?

Then you can confirm if the brightness will be enough.

I'm running a 100" diagonal screen from 13', and after 120+ hours of lamp time, bright scenes are still a shock to the eyes. So I believe the HW10 will have enough punch for your setup to provide realistic bright scenes. But again, you do have some options to test drive a projector.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.