AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ultimate TV has been working fine for years, but when the power blinked out recently, it began trying to connect to WebTV for updates. I don't have a phone line, so I can't actually connect.

Is there a way to force UltimateTV to go back to the program guide screen and ignore this WebTV stuff?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
In other words... You'll likely need to reinstall the UTV OS to the Hard Drive (via phone or via PC process) or upgrade the hard drive (depending on if the original hard drive can be recovered for UTV use...).

If you happen to have a friend with a hard line phone you might want to use that for a few hours to redownload the UTV OS.

Its unfortunate that so many UTVers (and other DVR users) don't think of putting their DVR on a UPS system. UTVs don't like Power problems... If they take a HIT it's a gamble if they will bounce back OK or not quite right.

For very little money a UPS can protect Computers from power interruptions... and save people from Sudden Data Loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.