AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I'll wager that's a yes. You'll be installing all new drivers for the Ceton in Win 8 so you'll have to rerun WMC setup. With Media Center being an add-on and not part of Win 8 I'd be surprised if it picks up the Win 7 settings after you've already upgraded.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I upgraded my HDHomerun-driven Win7 the other week, purchased the MediaCentre add-on, and not only did the upgrade hang on to the existing HDHR drivers, but when I fired up WMC, it remembered my recording schedule and my channel settings.

I *did* run the DCA advisor and did the tuner setup again before even checking those, so for all I know it was already set up too. But really, it was about as painless a Windows upgrage I've ever dealt with (having been in the "always nuke & reinstall" camp since my first 3.11 machine).

I only bothered with Win8 because I wanted the new Netflix app. I installed Stardock's ModernMix so I don't have to deal with Metro just to run it. A few other tweaks to get rid of some of the common annoyances and it's essentially the same as my Win7 setup, but now with 5.1 Netflix!

FWIW, though, I only use WMC for TV/PVR, not as a 10' interface for all things; a bluetooth mouse works for me. If I were married, my WAF would be abysmal
...And it wasn't a Ceton, so I don't know how their drivers fare in the migration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.