AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First time posting here.

Here is my dilemma. I have a NAD 375 and a Pioneer SC25. I usually listed to 2 channel. The issue is that NAD only has analog inputs. I am finding that at times i need a digital input. I do have a DVD which has analog out so that is how I listen to it. However I like to listen to my TV via NAD, TV has digital optical out but I can't as NAD has no digital in. I could get a DAC but they range from $400 to way more for a good one. Another issue with some DAC is that they only have 1 Digital Optical and 1 Digital Coax in, I want at least 2 or 3 of each. I do have the Pioneer SC25 which has 3 Digital Coax and 2 Optical Digital and the DAC is good quality. What do you guys think ? Shall I keep the Pioneer and sell the NAD ? or sell the Pioneer and get a DAC ? The thing is I don't really want to spend much more or none at all.....input appreciated.

·
Registered
503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108  /t/1469598/do-i-need-a-dac#post_23235901

Got one from Amazon, FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC for 26 bucks.

amazon.com/gp/product/B005PWPUW6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think this will take you right to. It is powered by a usb cable that I run from the TV. about 2X3 inches and works as stated

The OP is asking for a DAC with multiple inputs. This won't work.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I think spending money on a DAC for what you intend would be a waste. Just use the Pioneer receiver for that purpose. I'd still keep the NAD for 2-channel goodness (although the Pioneer probably sounds as good).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thanks for the input. I think I will keep the Pioneer. NAD does sounds better for sure, at least so far what I listened to, but unfortunately this hobby is expensive....to really do justice to NAD and what is capable of I was looking at Dynaudio Contour speakers but that would be another 2K used which really puts it out of reach.....I have some Boston Acoustics which are ok speakers, so they will have to do for the Pioneer. Thanks again for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.