AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm just looking at this auction for a dvi splitter. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...DME:L:RTQ:CA:1

I want to use this to split out to my panasonic ae700 projector and my standard monitor from my nvidia 6600gt. I have a dvi -> hdmi cable that I have been using for a whiel but it is becoming a pain to have to swicth the cables every time I want to fire up the projector.

The auction gives this warning:

Quote:
Note: This is a Dell video card cable. If you are planning to use it for a projector instead, be aware that the cable does not utilize the #13 ground pin.
I have never heard anything about this before. Is this something I have to worry about.?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
This cable appears to be desinged to connect into a special connector on a DELL system that can support 2 DVI connections which are indepedent of each other. It does not appear that it will conenct to a standard DVI out connection and act like a splitter cable. Since DVi is "handshaking" protocol you need a DVI distibution box to connect to multiple DVI devices from a standard single DVI out connection.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anybody suggest such a distribution box? All I seem to be able to find are expensive devices that switch one output between two inputs.

I want to be able to switch one input between two outputs or better yet to be able to drive them both simultaneously.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.