AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the manual, and it shows setups for VGA+ Component and VGA only. It does not show a Component-only system.

Can it be done? My HDTV Monitor has Component and DVI inputs, but no VGA input.

Dave

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Yes, use a vga breakout cable(not included with the card) and make sure the settings are set to YpBr instead of RGB.

Jim

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi Dave,

If you have the DVI daughtercard that works with the MDP-120, and a DVI video card, you could do DVI from video card to daughter card, and daughtercard to display.

As far as component only, with video card passthrough, you would need a video card that can output component video. Many ATI Radeon cards will do this with the HDTV component dongle. In addition to the VGA Breakout cable that Jim mentions, as well as setting the output in MyHD to be YPbPr, you'd need a second breakout cable to take the 3 rca style connectors from the dongle back to a 15-pin connector and then a female-female mini gender changer to connect to the MyHD passthrough connector.

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Whoa!!!!! You guys might have just saved me $300.

I previously had a HiPix and could connect the Hipix and Radeon 8500 through the single VGA type/RGB connection to my HDTV.

I can't use DVI with my HDTV, so is the HiPix the only right card for me? Does the older MyHD 100 card combine with the Radeon like my old HiPix did?

Thanks for your prompt help... since I was gonna buy a MDP-120 tomorrow....

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
merc,

you can passthrough VGA just like the Hipix. You can hook up your radeon via vga into the MyHD 120 and then toggle the output (desktop/HDTV) via a single VGA cable to your HDTV. The MyHD can also do DVI passthough and DVI HDTV, which the Hipix cannot.

·
Registered
530 Posts
merc,

The MDP-100 will also do the VGA passthrough. The MDP-120 is DVI capable (with daughtercard), and has other improvements over the 100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.