AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My is against the back wall of the room, the TV at the opposite wall.

in theory, i could have 'rear' speakers that were to the sides of the sofa. Would that work? It is my current set up, and it's not terrible.

Would a sound bar be a better solution for me if I want a 5.1 (or 7.1) experience

I also listen to music. I will get a receiver. Can I use a receiver with the sound bar? If so, what sound bar would be compatible with that set up? (I think there is a passive / non passive issue)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What is your budget? Rear speakers are suppose to be 90-110 degrees from listening position, so a regular system is still an option.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
A soundbar will not give you a 5.1 or 7.1 experience. If this is very important, you should consider seperates. A soundbar can give a simulated 5.1 experience that can be quite convincing, plus it is much easier to set up and configure. A soundbar can also improve your television sound in most cases.

For true 5.1 or 7.1, speakers may be placed on the side walls or the ceiling to the outside of your listening position and still receive most if not all of the surround experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.