AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting my wall-mounted center channel speaker behind my screen. Do I need an acoustic transparent screen (soundscreen) for this, or with just this one speaker, could I get by with a normal screen?

Also, I am in need of a 120" screen. I was going to go VuTec sound screen, but my speaker placement ended up being too small for their 123" 16:9 screen and I don't want to drop to 110". So any other reccomendations for a 120" 16:9 screen (that possibly offers an AT version)?

I've been looking at Elite R120WH1-A1080 EZ Frame, but not sure what to do or how to select a screen, even after reading the forums for hours.

Thank you,

BP

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Seymour/ Screen Excellence has a 114" if that would help. Also, many of the screen companies will make a custom size but it may cost a little more. Did you ask Vutec if they will do a custom size? I wouldn't worry about 6-10" less if you have to go slightly smaller. It's not that big of a difference on a screen that size. AT is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL /forum/post/20865129

... AT is definitely the way to go.

Agreed, especially considering the center gets the most workout (dialogue). A non AT material would likely "muffle" (HF roll-off) the dialogue unless you adjust the center's EQ to compensate.
Seymour will custom cut their screens. Basically you pay for the next larger size and Chris cuts it down to your specs.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Definitely use an AT screen if putting any speakers behind the screen. DIY material is available from Seymour A/V; and if you don't want to DIY the frame, you can buy a frame made to your specs (size, aspect ratio) from Jamestown. That's what I did, Jamestown frame + Seymour A/V DIY material, I like the result, and quite a bit cheaper than a factory made AT screen, and not a lot of work.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1346404

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.