AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still in the planning stages for a home theater.

I am very interested in a DWIN TV3, but I have a couple of scaling questions.

1. 1. If I wanted to watch 2.35:1 DVDs using the full panel in conjunction with an anamorphic lens, would I need an external scaler in order to take the source and output it correctly to the TV3 or will the DWIN scaler take care of that? (Assuming that I have a 2.35:1 screen).

2. If I am watching an SDTV source (I have a TS-160 with HDTV OTA and HD/SDTV DirecTV), and the picture is letter-boxed, will (can) the DWIN scale the letter-boxed image to full panel 16:9, or would I need an external scaler for that is well? I realize that scaling SDTV letterbox to 110 (or more) inches has other drawbacks.[/list=1]

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
When I read the title of your post I immediately wanted to to post "of course not, why would you need an external scaler when in reality it comes with its own external scaler."

However, after reading your specific questions, I dont know. The scaler that comes with it is a modified version of their Transcanner which is an external scaler itself and should have the abilty to do what your asked. Now havings said that I dont know if it can or not. I would contact Dwin itself and ask them these specific questions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.