AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Sony STR-DH800 receiver. It will decode the newest formats using HDMI 1.3. I have 2 HDMI sources (PS3 and my sattelite). These are both connected using HDMI 1.3 cables. However, the HDMI out cable to my TV (receiver to TV) is not 1.3, does it make a difference? The TV is a Panasonic TH-42PX600U which has a native resolution of 1024 x 768. My understanding is that I would only take advantage of the 1.3 cable if my TV was x.v. color or deep color capable which I'm pretty sure it's not. So am I missing anything without the 1.3? It's bugging me and I'm considering buying another cable just to try.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I seriously doubt that there is any issue with using an hdmi cable that is not cert 1.3. If you are still uncomfortable with that, you can order one really, really cheap over at monoprice.com. No point in blowing over $40 dollars for one at your friendly neighborhood electronics retailer as most likely there will be no difference at all between using an HDMI 1.3 and a non 1.3. That is right now if everything is working properly for you now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The display certainly looks as good as it ever did now running through the receiver whereas previously I had a direct HDMI 1.3 connection to from SAT to TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.