AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I go out an buy an X-Box and Dragon's Lair 3D 1080i game I was wondering if it will play in 1080i with just the X-Box HD pack and my 4:3 HD-Ready tv or will I need some kind of High Defintion reciever, decoder or something like that? Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The only additional equipment you may need is the proper cables for connection to an HDTV. If you already have component cables, you will be fine. You will NOT need any decoder box.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! I went to look at the X-Box HD cables and the end of the ones I saw had places to hook up your component cables, so I figured that in order to get 1080i maybe I had to run the cables through some sort of decoder. I'm glad you don't, because then I would have just had to go without 1080i for quite a while. I already have a set of Monster component cables.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. By the way, have you seen Dragon's Lair 3D in 1080i? I hear it looks great. I look forward to seeing it 1080i.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
136 Posts
As XFactor says, nothing but the HDTV add pack from Xbox.

Dragons Lair is very clear and colorful

Tony Hawk ( 720p ) is significantly better then the standard

Street hoops (720p ) is impressive also.

Before you ask, yes, I have a tv that resolves 720p.

Now if they could get on the ball and have Halo 2 and Project Gothem ready in HD then we really would have some good games.

gebstr83

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.