AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the sonic filters I notice this little icon appear on my systray, "Sonic Cineplayer Quick Launch" and subsequently found it in the startup group. Can I remove this, do I need this? I closed it manually and DVDs / media still played fine through zoomplayer, so I assume I don't need it... but.... Is it recommended to leave/take away for stability?

FOR THAT MATTER DO I NEED THE ATI CONTROL PANEL IN MY SYSTRAY? (Can/Should I remove it from the "RUN" section int he registry)?

Thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
If they bother you that much, then remove them.

They are just there so you can get quick access to each one.

The Video driver can be configured from the panel or desktop.

If you're using ZP (i.e using just the CP filters), CP options can also be configured from inside ZP.

Enjoy.

Andrew.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input, much appreciated!!

It isn't that these "bother" me, I'd prefer just not having applets loaded that could potentially cause an instability or the machine to slow down. If I can at all help it, I'd like to stomp out all possibilties of instabilities.

On the other hand, if they are needed for better PQ performance, obviously, one probably wouldn't want to remove them.

If I can get to the functionality by other, more manual means then IMO it makes for a more stable system to remove them.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
You can remove the ATi applet in the "options" screen of the advanced display properties.

You can kill the Sonic applet by going to its' directory and renaming the extension....or use msconfig and kill it there.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Not Enough Karnis, the applet will be loaded every time you invoke CinePlayer. You really have to rename the cinetray.exe to cine_no_tray.exe in the sonic shared directory.

bye

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldn't I be "invoking Cineplayer" every time I launch Zoomplayer (configured for SCP filters) and start a DVD? I just tried to do so and the icon/applet doesn't appear to load in the systray. (This is after having removed both the ATI control panel applet from the registry and removing the SCP quick launch icon from the startup, and rebooting).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.