AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Well, you really need to have a TV hooked up to monitor at least the start of the recording, to make sure you are actually getting it, and that VCR playback is going okay. If you don't do that, you may be surprised to find nothing, or a very bad playback that could have used tracking adjustment, when you put the disc in your PC.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
It would help alot. The ez48 dubbing button needs to be held down long enough to initiate the dubbing , and the onscreen message alerts you to not only it starting but the record mode the recorder was left in the last time you used it. Plus, you'll need to see the screen to finalize the disc when you remove it.

I guess you could memorize the steps if you wanted, but I'd hate to have a recording session go kerflooey on the count of pressing the wrong button or something.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
The good thing is that just about any old TV will serve as a dubbing monitor. I have two of these for that purpose:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/19598697

You still have Union 76 gas stations? We haven't had that brand around here for several decades at the least.

Yes, the 76 stations still have the orange "76" but now they are part of Conoco Phillips. Somewhere around here I still have a styrofoam "76" ball for use on an auto antenna.

Back when I started driving I got my gas from Richfield or Texaco stations. Just recently our neighborhood's former Richfield station was being repurposed. The outer wall coverings came off revealing the Richfield eagle logo. That's gone now.

For a number of years I gassed up at Chevron and Texaco stations. A few years back my favorite Texaco stations closed up or became Shell stations.

Even though I still hold stock in Chevron/Texaco I usually gas up at the nearby "76" station because that gas comes from Alaska, not the Middle East.

There's an old Signal Station out in Portland's St. Johns neighborhood. It's now Signal Station Pizza, complete with original neon signs and gas pumps:

http://www.signalstationpizza.com/

Signal Station Pizza is OK, but not my favorite. When we want the best pizza we drive out to Pietro's on main street in Milwaukie (that's the spelling we use in Orygun).

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Travelogue time! I've visited Portland several times and like it a lot.

We in Nevada also have Union 76 under the Conoco umbrella, but only in the Northern part of the state. I have a Conoco/76/Phillips 66 gas card that I haven't used in forever. 76 stations are drying up and blowing away.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
76 stations are still all over the place here. I see those orange balls Digado mentioned here and there, though not as much as when I first moved here 15 years ago.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I'm confused.

Why did the subject of Union 76 gas stations come up? I don't see anything about it in DigaDo's post with the thumbnail.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread subject...

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof /forum/post/19599877

I'm confused.

Why did the subject of Union 76 gas stations come up? I don't see anything about it in DigaDo's post with the thumbnail.

The 76 logo is seen in the lower left corner of the TV screen.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof /forum/post/19599877

It was an irrelevant tangent, but to be fair, the OP's question was more than thoroughly answered, so I don't see much harm.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/19598704

That reminds me of Dino the Dinosaur. I used to have an inflatable one.

Don't know if you know it ramm but you have a local connection to Union 76. Union Oil bought out Pure Oil in 1965. Pure Oil's research facility was bought by McHenry County College and turned into it's Crystal Lake Campus after Union consolidated all R & D to Brea, CA. I know in 1973 it was MCC but still the old facility. I assume they have all new buildings by now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts