AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had zero issues with my A2 since I got it from Robert the first week it was out. I don't have an HDMI to DVI connection. I have only had one playability issue but that was a universal one (Superman Returns locked up at the Supe/Lois flying scene). I just don't know what I will gain by upgrading to 1.2. Were any audio issues addressed with this update? I've got mine set up the same way everyone else does that is using HDMI for audio.

Is there anyone else that is passing for now on this firmware upgrade?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would recommend that you update. after all It is not only software code that gets updated but ROM player firmware as well.

Jorge

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you haven't exchanged your Superman Returns disc yet you should do that. My A2 locked up in the exact same spot as well as quite a few others reporting this problem. It seems to be a bad batch of discs. I exchanged for a new one and it works fine.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayselle /forum/post/0

If you haven't exchanged your Superman Returns disc yet you should do that. My A2 locked up in the exact same spot as well as quite a few others reporting this problem. It seems to be a bad batch of discs. I exchanged for a new one and it works fine.

You returned it to the store you bought it from for an exchange? I got mine from Amazon - I would have to mail it back to them to get a new one. Have others done this exchange and received a Superman Returns that has no problems?

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J /forum/post/0

You returned it to the store you bought it from for an exchange? I got mine from Amazon - I would have to mail it back to them to get a new one. Have others done this exchange and received a Superman Returns that has no problems?

I didn't have the receipt. Who keeps receipts for movies? I just walked into Best Buy and said it was defective and didn't keep the receipt. They let me exchange it for another one.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I sent my superman back to Amazon, they were very fast. I haven't tested the new one yet because I didn't know it was a widespread problem. (Yes mine skipped in the same spot). I will test it out this evening after work, but if it doesn't work it goes back again for refund not exchange.

·
Registered
907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J /forum/post/0

I have had zero issues with my A2 since I got it from Robert the first week it was out. I don't have an HDMI to DVI connection. I have only had one playability issue but that was a universal one (Superman Returns locked up at the Supe/Lois flying scene). I just don't know what I will gain by upgrading to 1.2. Were any audio issues addressed with this update? I've got mine set up the same way everyone else does that is using HDMI for audio.

Is there anyone else that is passing for now on this firmware upgrade?

No, there is no law that requires that you update your firmware.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.