AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if you see a difference with monster HDMI cables or are they just as good as any other HDMI cable ? cause the 1000 series says it supports up to 10.2 GBs per sec and some other ones have like 8.5 GBs per sec. do they all send the same amount of information per sec if they are 19 pin cables or do some cables really make a difference ? and why do all HDMI cables say 1.3A on them is there different types of HDMI cables now or something ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer /forum/post/15584704


do monster HDMI cables make a difference ?

Yes. They make a difference in the amount of cash you have left at the end of assembling your system. They also make a difference in the profit margin of the store that sells them.


They do not, however, make any sort of difference in the the quality of the video or audio you will hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer /forum/post/15584704


i was just wondering if you see a difference with monster HDMI cables or are they just as good as any other HDMI cable ? cause the 1000 series says it supports up to 10.2 GBs per sec and some other ones have like 8.5 GBs per sec. do they all send the same amount of information per sec if they are 19 pin cables or do some cables really make a difference ? and why do all HDMI cables say 1.3A on them is there different types of HDMI cables now or something ?
www.hdmi.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
they actually produce a significant amount of less noise. cheap cables will give you more pixelization w/ letters and stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,027 Posts
They can send a clean HDMI signal over Cat5 cable. So what needs to be so special about an HDMI cable other than the ends?


Save your money, try Amazon. I bought a dozen for around $30, and they actually work!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,735 Posts

Quote:
They can send a clean HDMI signal over Cat5 cable. So what needs to be so special about an HDMI cable other than the ends?

The same things that are special (and very difficult to do well) with category cabling.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcilwaine287 /forum/post/15670855


they actually produce a significant amount of less noise. cheap cables will give you more pixelization w/ letters and stuff.

Please do some research into how HDMI works and how it transmits digital video and you'll see that your statement is not true.


larry
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top