·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my equipment:

Denon DVD-1940CI

Onkyo TX-SR876

AV123 RS850 / RSC200 / RSC450 / MFW-15 Sub

The Denon can only output multichannel through analog, so I have a 5.1 multichannel analog cables hooked up to the Onkyo.

Onkyo only gives me the option of listening either with "Multichannel Direct" or "Multichannel Pure Audio".

Using both settings, nothing is sent to my subwoofer (it's on the auto mode and it's not being utilized). Am I missing something?

The SACDs I listen to are the Mahler recordings by the San Francisco Symphony.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have my Oppo BDP-83 connected using analog to a NAD receiver and have many SACD's and dvd-a's with subwoofer material.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I think I found the problem after some extensive google searching... It seems the DVD-1940CI has a really weak subwoofer output, and I had to adjust the analog subwoofer gain on the Onkyo receiver to +15db in order for it to sense a signal.

Now....one more question!

Can DSD be sent over analog multichannel? If so, there must be some setting wrong on my receiver/player because I can't select the DSD listening mode on my receiver when I listen to SACDs.

Thanks a lot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.