AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to move my setup around due to new furniture, currently using PSB T45 fronts, C40 center and B15 surrounds but new speaker placement won't allow me to use my B15's as surrounds, I have some Mirage Nanosat's that I can use as replacements, will these be okay or do I have to stick with the bookshelf's?

·
Registered
29,326 Posts
You can use whatever works best for you as surrounds. The front three speakers matching is the most important. If you don't have room for the B15s then use the Nanosats as surrounds. You may actually like the way the Mirage disperses the background sounds better.

It is nice to have matching surrounds with your fronts but if it doesn't work out for you then go with the Mirage speakers.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The front three speakers are the most important speakers to have matched. The surrounds are not as important. If you are going to use smaller surrounds you may need to adjust your crossover for the surrounds. Sometimes the smaller you go with speakers you need to raise the crossover. Especially with really small nano satellites. Just check to see how low the new satellites can play compared to your current bookshelf speakers and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel
The front three speakers are the most important speakers to have matched. The surrounds are not as important. If you are going to use smaller surrounds you may need to adjust your crossover for the surrounds. Sometimes the smaller you go with speakers you need to raise the crossover. Especially with really small nano satellites. Just check to see how low the new satellites can play compared to your current bookshelf speakers and adjust accordingly.
++ That. You don't have to match, but try and get surrounds that match the same sensitivity and output rating i.e. if you have Fronts that are 90dB at 1 watt/meter then try the same for the surrounds.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by armada10
Have to move my setup around due to new furniture, currently using PSB T45 fronts, C40 center and B15 surrounds but new speaker placement won't allow me to use my B15's as surrounds, I have some Mirage Nanosat's that I can use as replacements, will these be okay or do I have to stick with the bookshelf's?
They'll be fine unless you listen to some multi-channel music - then you want them to match all the way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.