AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to consider this receiver but would want to make sure the LFE issue and any other firmware updates are included in the unit I buy. Do we know if recently constructed units have these issues resolved?

If not, what AVR would you all recommend in the same class as this unit with 4 HDMI inputs?

Thanks

krfuquamd

·
Registered
330 Posts
That would seem pretty unlikely at this point. Even assuming that new production has the new firmware, between shipping times and product already in the pipeline it could be quite a while before updated versions would be commonly available.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that might be the answer. I really can't wait 3-6 months for this reciever to arrive with the corrections made. I assume it would not be prudent to purchase one with these issues? I will be running PS3, HD DVD, DVD and D* H20 all via HDMI thru it or a similar AVR to a JVC RS1 FP. If the answer is no, what units do I look at?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Check out the Marantz SR7001/8001. LFE is done correctly. I'm using 3 of the 4 HDMI inputs on my 7001 with no problems. My input components are HD-XA1, PS3, and HR10-250 (HD TiVo). Display is last year's Sony SXRD.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krfuquamd /forum/post/0

I thought that might be the answer. I really can't wait 3-6 months for this reciever to arrive with the corrections made. I assume it would not be prudent to purchase one with these issues? I will be running PS3, HD DVD, DVD and D* H20 all via HDMI thru it or a similar AVR to a JVC RS1 FP. If the answer is no, what units do I look at?

I don't regret having purchased mine.

If you are hooking everything up via HDMI then the only issue for you would be the low output on the LFE channel. Even that would only show up when playing multi-channel PCM and there are reasonable workarounds.

I guess it comes down to whether you feel you can be without it at some point in the near future for the length of time it takes to get the firmware updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.