AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting an OLED TV to replace my plasma TV. One thing that's always bothered me about my plasma TV is the sparkling pixels that people call "dithering". This is especially noticeable when watching SD broadcasts. Does anyone know if OLED TVs have more or less dithering than plasma TVs? I haven't been able to find any information about OLEDs and dithering on the internet.

Also, is it true that modern OLED TVs no longer have the short lifespan problem that plagued the first OLEDs?

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an OLED TV to replace my plasma TV. One thing that's always bothered me about my plasma TV is the sparkling pixels that people call "dithering". This is especially noticeable when watching SD broadcasts. Does anyone know if OLED TVs have more or less dithering than plasma TVs? I haven't been able to find any information about OLEDs and dithering on the internet.

Also, is it true that modern OLED TVs no longer have the short lifespan problem that plagued the first OLEDs?
Oleds don't use dithering as far as I know

1 - 2 of 2 Posts