AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung HDTV CRT & am not impressed by the black levels.. Also there macro blocking on some DVD's..Ofcourse I blame my Zenith 318 for that..

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
IMO Panasonic's latest HD tubes set a new benchmark for blacks. They have the most consistently deep blacks of any consumer HD technology I've seen so far.

·
Registered
277 Posts
tau crt tube has a new design quintrix sr2 tube, new tube , upgraded components. blacks are simply true blacks. picture vibrant, clear, sharp and detailed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Panasonics tubes are incredibly dark. Probably the only tube tv i've seen where you acutally need the contrast and brightness levels fairly high in order to get all of the details in shadows, coats, etc.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio388
tau crt tube has a new design quintrix sr2 tube, new tube , upgraded components. blacks are simply true blacks. picture vibrant, clear, sharp and detailed.
Awesome..Guess I'll add the 34inch Panasonic to my list.. Sometimes my Samsungs blacks look too murky... I love deep blacks..

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio388
I assume you'd recommend the Panasonic over the Samsungs? I currently own a 26inch Samsung wide screen HDTV.. Looking to upgrade to a 30-34 inch model.. My 3 candiates are the Panasonic. Sony XBR line.. Toshiba 84 models...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.