AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Pioneer 433CMX from dell and after first installing it and watching it, I thought I had made a huge mistake! There were all kinds of motion artifacts and severe posterization, I was really disappointed in the picture.

After about 2 weeks of light use, it seems most of the problems disappeared, and now after about a month all of the problems are gone. Only an awesome picture is left!

I did a search but didn't find anything about this. Have any of you experienced this? Is this normal? If this is normal, maybe this should be put in the FAQ's for newbies like myself so we don't freak out, I was ready to pack it up and send it back to Dell! Boy, am I glad I didn't, everytime I see a new movie on HBOHD or ShowtimeHD, I'm floored. Can't wait till New Years Eve when the family comes to celebrate, hope there's something good on one of these channels!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QQQ,

Now I have to find a freezer big enough to fit my plasma in! Haha!

Joking aside, it does work! Try it with a CD, although it was auditioned through some very high end equipment. The DVD was viewed from a RPTV, and the difference was very slight.

·
Super Moderator
21,495 Posts
HawaiiM5

I have not heard of a break-in period for plasma displays and even if there was such a thing I doubt it would manifest itself in reducing motion artifacts and posterization

perhaps you saw compression on a DSS SD channel and later compared it to an HD channel?

anyway it is good that you are enjoying your 433CMX!

Mark:)

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
The only break-in period I ever heard about was for bad pixels that *occasionally* get ignited back into life.

I seriously doubt something like motion artifacts would change over time...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sounds like he had a small case of buyers remorse! Over time, his mind relaxed and could just enjoy the plasma and not think about how much he spent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is really strange, as the picture quality was pretty bad in the beginning and I tried all different combinations of hookup to see if it would get rid of the problems! Nothing worked, so I just left things alone for a while and everything just disappeared.

Now I'm left with an incredible picture, can't stop watching it, especially if theres a good movie on HBOHD or SHOHD. I just thought I'd post this for any other newbie that might encounter this problem, although I hope you guys are right and no one else has to go through this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.