AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
check your connections, grounding and power supplys. my TH50PZ85 is dead quiet, but i have heard of ground loops and other problems like flourecent lights buzzing with all brands of tv's. look for something like lights or appliances on the same circuit.

·
Premium Member
18,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_rrr_x /forum/post/15421768

I just bought a new Panasonic plasma and it has a nice picture and all, but it sure does buzz a lot. And it gets even louder during bright scenes. I really can't hear it when the sound is on. But I do hear it sometimes during quiet scenes. And I don't always use the set with the sound on. I might keep it on in the background while I am surfing the net and then I can hear that annoying buzzing.

Panasonics do not buzz - you should not be able to hear any buzzing beyond a few feet away. If you're hearing it from more than a few feet away then the TV is defective and needs to be returned. My PZ700U is literally silent from 3 feet, and i can only hear a faint electronic buzz if i get within a foot or two in a silent pre-dawn room and this is what i would call normal. Even my 3.5 year old PX50U is silent at 3 feet. Yours does not sound normal, unless you're only hearing it when you get to within 2-3 feet of it.

How far from the TV can you hear a buzz?

Which model is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a quick question, what cause the "buzz"? My toshiba does this too. Is there any way to stop this from happening, like a better surge-protecter, or what?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I own 2 Panasonics and one LG....I didn't even realize that plasmas "buzzed" until about a year ago when I read about it in this forum. Maybe the 4 years or so I spent as a drummer in an alt/rock band back in the mid 90's killed my hearing but.....I still haven't heard any buzzing.

edit- not saying you're crazy...just that I haven't heard buzzing since I got rid of my crt's which all buzzed to various degrees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.