AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lounge room that is approximately 4.95m x 3.9m with 2.7m ceilings (16ft x 13ft with 9ft ceilings). Unfortunately I have doors on all four walls so the TV sits in one corner of the room and out lounges are in the opposite corner (see below). The layout of the furniture in the room cannot be changed.

Will a sound bar work in this situation? I'm looking at soundbars to get beter quality audio than the TV's speakers, but would like to try and get some surround sound if possible. Satellite speakers are not suitable as they don't have WAF.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
If you are looking for some surround effects than the Yamaha YSP models do the best job. If you are looking for the best sound quality some of the models with bigger speakers give better sound like Paradigm, Def Tech, Focal, Martin Logan, Pioneer, Atlantic Technology, etc.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would the Yamaha YSP2500 be big enough for the room size?

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
The 3300 has a little more oomph but not a lot more. The 3300 has a target mode that a lot of people like. It focuses the sound to one area which is good for hearing impaired or if one likes their sound louder than others in the room.

The 4300 expands on the 3300 with more beam drivers for better surround effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.