AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for instance, whenever something went wrong with the cable, they would send a tech to my house for free and perform the repairs for free. Would it cost me money with a dish? if it does cost me money, is there some type of maintenence plan where they would charge a small fee(hopefully) per month?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
With dish you can sign up for the digital home plan. You are basically leasing the equipment so if anything happens it is covered for free.

With direct you can purchase an extended warranty for each receiver for $9.95 (each) which coveres you for 6 years.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Some local retailers will offer you a lifetime warranty at no charge, even on equipment you own. Mine does, but there is a catch - it's only good as long as you are a subscriber to Dish Network programming.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which retailer is this redline? Monstermile, do you happen to know how much this extended warranty would cost with the dish network? Are there any deductables involved?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bmedude
which retailer is this redline? Monstermile, do you happen to know how much this extended warranty would cost with the dish network? Are there any deductables involved?
PM'd you.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bmedude

The Digital Home Plane is something completely different from their regular service. Like I said you are basically leasing the equipment. It cost a little more monthly than standard service. How much more I honestly don't know. I am on the DHP so I never checked the regular prices. And no there shouldn't be any deductables involved.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here's a link to DirectTv's Protection Plan:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packag...ction_plan.dsp

Also covers wiring, etc:

Replacement of defective equipment including remotes and receivers (if problem

cannot be resolved over the phone)

- Coverage of wiring, satellite antenna, connections/switches, and more

- Power surge related repairs

- Dish antenna realignments

- 24-hour technical support