AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the new owner of a Th42px80u Panny plasma from BB and would like to use the $200 it costs for a warranty on a Harmony One remote. I am only considering this because of Panny's quality reputation with Plasma tv.

Has any one had any issues with their Panny?

·
Registered
998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_4_me /forum/post/14200220

I'm the new owner of a Th42px80u Panny plasma from BB and would like to use the $200 it costs for a warranty on a Harmony One remote. I am only considering this because of Panny's quality reputation with Plasma tv.

Has any one had any issues with their Panny?

I have no issues with my Panasonic.

My advice would be to buy from Costco. You might have a couple bucks (it could pay for your membership for free). But more important, if you buy the plasma on your American Express they double the warrenty for free.

Since it is a 42" I would not spend the extra $$$ on an extended warrenty. If you were buying a $5000 60" then I would say it is worth it.

From what I've read, Panasonic is supposed to have very good customer service and will fix your plasma even if you're a little out of the warrenty window.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already purchased from BB and they want $200 for a 4 year in home service. I only paid $900 on sale and have a hard time justifing the extra $200to insure $900, especially when the Panny has such a good reliability history with their plasma. I'm looking at a judgement call based on the Panny history and if their are any unhappy Panny owners of late model plasmas, i would like to hear your story. Thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i have used my extended warranty for my panny plasma twice--thus, well worth it in my case, but many others report no problems at all. depends how risk averse you are!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would definitely get an EW. I got a 3yr CPS warranty for my panny 42PX80U.

I made the mistake of not getting one for my old Philips plasma. If I did I have no doubt it would have been replaced by now under the "lemon policy" CPS has. Instead I'm left with a plasma I paid $2400 almost two years ago for which will probably die any day now. (It's got major IR issues, randomly won't turn on, and for some reason the picture randomly flashes.)

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
All Plasmas need extended warranty!
On a serious note its really up to you and if you see the value, it doesn't matter which brand it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts