AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they release new models every year ,very strange question ,why you dont know this?
Because I don't follow tv market, I bought one during 2014-15 because the old one went out. Not everything is released annually so I was just wondering. good to know, fridge doesn't release every year, titleist golf clubs get released every 2yrs(some companies do release annually), etc. I never knew tv had something to "upgrade' every year. I guess tvs are like computers that gets outdated quickly.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
CES, IFA, CEDIA and other Trade Shows serve as a peek into the future for that year much the same as Auto Shows do. About the only time an annual renewal doesn't occur is in the case of a panel or company $ losses kill the line or the entire company. RPTV, Plasma, CRT's went extinct and obviously no renewals for them or some models that failed to make profits. On rare occasions a Manu over reaches and the Tech has to catch-up like Vizo R.

Profits = Annual Renewal provided the Company as a whole survives. RCA, JVC, some Philips,Toshiba are either now or in the process of becoming Brand Licensee's that no longer have a connection to the original manufacturer. They may tout products as new releases but reality is they bought the Brand Name to distribute product that may have little in common with the original manufacturer previous tech/releases.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bumping an old thread here, but I have a somewhat related question...

I believe Samsung's 2015 models were released in March last year...it may be safe to assume the 2016 models will be released next month. My question is, after new the TV releases come out each year, do last year's models prices generally drop or does this not effect pricing as much as one would think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts