AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Samsung UN55JS8500 TV and Yamaha YAH-V481 receiver. It replaces a much older 50 " Sony and 5.1 Sony receiver. I never set the receiver up with the full 5.1 setup.(Speakers that came with the old receiver). I used the two front, the center and the sub. I didn't want to deal with the wires for the back speakers so I never bothered. Is there a system that has those two rear speakers that are wireless? What I am finding are packages with powered soundbars and wireless sub and rears. I don't need a powered soundbar. Most of my viewing is regular TV, some movies and Pandora when I don't want to mess with my regular stereo. I'm not looking for anything exceptional for sound. When I want that, my stereo set-up fills the bill. Manely Maui tube amps, George Wright pre-amp, Pacific Valve DAC, Swan speakers.
Also, I use AT&t for cable, Direct TV for TV. Is there a remote that will control the TV, receiver and the Direct box? For the life of me I can't get a code for the Yamaha.
Sorry if this is too much for one thread. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Is there a system that has those two rear speakers that are wireless?
RocketFish wireless stereo transmitter and receiver. It is not an expensive system but works great for me. Its basically two units, 1) a small transmitter you connect to SL and SR speaker wire to it from AVR, and 2) a receiver where you connect your actual SL and SR speakers to it. The transmitter box is small and powered by an external DC adapter, receiver is little bit more bigger (size of a medium college note book) and is AC powered.

Amazon Link

The AVR thinks the speakers are attached directly while the RF unit does the transmission/reception part. Pretty good for the price and convenient where you cannot run wires.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
From what I've read, the Rocketfish system is a pretty good one. For a universal remote, you can't go wrong with a Logitech Harmony...

·
Registered
161 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts