AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been buying some used BR movies because of the great price. Because BR has a better, harder coating the used disk are in perfect shape. I just recently found a Buy Two Get One Free deal at one game store for their used dvds and bought all the BR they had.


I also bought one HDDVD (King Kong) but think I am taking a chance on that being defective even though it looked perfect. I got 6 movies for 60 bucks plus tax, not bad. Yes, of course, I am going back for more!


So is anyone else buying used HD movies and getting any deals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco /forum/post/0


I have been buying some used BR movies because of the great price. Because BR has a better, harder coating the used disk are in perfect shape. I just recently found a Buy Two Get One Free deal at one game store for their used dvds and bought all the BR they had.


I also bought one HDDVD (King Kong) but think I am taking a chance on that being defective even though it looked perfect. I got 6 movies for 60 bucks plus tax, not bad. Yes, of course, I am going back for more!


So is anyone else buying used HD movies and getting any deals?

where did you buy used BR movies from ? I've been looking all over and cant seem to find any place that has any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintit77 /forum/post/0


No, BR scratches too easy!

Then take them back if they don't work.


All but a few of my BR movies were purchased used. For less than 1/2 price of even Best Buy's sale prices it's worth the risk.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,554 Posts
When I bought my first player, I loaded up on used titles through Amazon. Avg price was less than $15....many $11 or so. Now with the PS3 out, used prices are much higher on most titles. The heady days of really cheap used titles are gone for now (with a few exceptions).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The game stores around here sell used HDDVD and Blu Ray movies for around 15 bucks. There are about six different game stores that sell them and they average 4 to 10 titles at a time. Two of the stores are having a Buy Two Get One Free sale now so I am cleaning up on titles. Just bought Ice Age 2, Crank and Pearl Harbor for thirty bucks plus tax and then went back for more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco /forum/post/0


Just bought Ice Age 2, Crank and Pearl Harbor for thirty bucks plus tax and then went back for more.

Wow, that's a littler disturbing when you think about it. Crank has been out a week now? Pearl Harbor not much longer? Other than that being a great deal, that's not a good sign that they'd be for sale used so soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephShaw /forum/post/0


that's not a good sign that they'd be for sale used so soon.

You would be suprised how much of the inventory of these used stores is stolen. Many times by employees (of the stores selling them new, not the used shops).


I'm no longer suprised when I see a "new" movie for sale at a used shop the day after it was released.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I've bought 4 Used HD DVD so far. All through a great website (Canadian)...so far I've had no problems at all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Not as of now, but I would not mind doing so because I am very confident in the hardcoating present on blu-ray disks. Since I've had a few problems with scratches on HD DVD rentals, I'd probably prefer those new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I've bought used before from a local store near me. Cheaper then new discs and just as good! I wouldn't be worried about seeing newer discs being sold so soon. The same shop I go to has tons of new release DVDs that are used. I guess that could be a bit different since they could just burn them and sell them, but I still wouldn't worry. If it makes any difference, they had more used HD-DVDs then Blu Ray!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintit77 /forum/post/0


No, BR scratches too easy!

Unless they are like 3 bucks, I would pass!


Really? I've read and viewed the exact opposite...

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/01/..._stands_u.html

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/19/we...-blu-ray-disc/


The misinformation on this forum is getting out of hand...


I would definitely buy used BR movies if I could find them. If you buy regular DVD's used, then BR shouldn't be a problem...and actually should hold up even better.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top