AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a receiver (AV) from them and spoke to a chick at length the other day. She was super cool and gave me some good advice.
She also talked about their extended warranty and free lifetime tech support.

Sounded good as hell but then, it's only good if they MAKE it good.

So, anyone have any experience?

I was going to buy this unit http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oPZbTh...82665&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=48387042865&awdv=c

It's replacing my RX-V373 because something happened and the sound is all messed up. SEe this thread if you're interested... http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...7-yamaha-rx-v373-question-s.html#post31317649

Thanks, George

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Crutchfield is among the best sellers and have excellent tech support...
Highly recommended!!
U mite find another seller with lower pricing, but they won't match the service & honesty of Crutchfield.

Just my $0.02... ;)

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Crutchfield is among the best sellers and have excellent tech support...
Highly recommended!!
U mite find another seller with lower pricing, but they won't match the service & honesty of Crutchfield.

Just my $0.02... ;)
I agree with M Code...Crutchfield is a great
Company and stand behind what they sell.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think they're great too! ..And I must admit to a bit of male chauvinism when I first called their tech support and a woman answered; I thought, "oh, great, this won't go well." ..Anyway, I'm a jerk because she was great (shame on me, I learned a lesson). As were the three others I spoke to both before and after the purchase.

And their return policy is very good. 60 days, full refund, with only a $10 charge for return shipping (regardless of item). Frankly, it's hard to imagine how brick and mortar stores can compete with them. They have the knowledgeable staff of a small specialty store, with the crazy good return policy of a Costco.

Reactions: DEXTERITY77

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping you guys would say that 'cause I liked what I heard and yeah, I know what you mean about the female reps and all that.

We have a local Lowe's here and years ago, I went to the plumbing department and this woman approaches me and I"m thinking, oh hell...
Dude, did I have to eat that. She was and STILL is AWESOME and although she's not in that department any longer (they're idiots, but that's another story),
I still go to her and she is also a great person so I love dealing with her.

At that time, I only talked to three people in the store, her, a chick in the paint department that was also awesome and a guy back in what they call millworks
that really knew his stuff. That was it! :)

Ok, here's another question or should I post it somewhere else?

I did a search for this receiver here and saw quite a few question from people that had problems with it...anyone has any opinions?

I'm just worried I won't be able to get it to work with my Dish DVR. THat was the problem I had two years ago. One Denon and one Pioneer and the Yammi was
the one only I managed to get to work with the DVR. Of course, now i have to start all over again because of the sound. It USED to sound awesome till two months ago :(

ANother reason I asked about Crutchfield by the way was because of lots of ONE star ratings at resellerratings.com

It seemed they rated them either 5 stars or 1 star which is weird.

Thanks

George

·
Registered
36 Posts
What were the 1 star reviews complaining about? Sometimes people can't separate problems with the product from problems with the store. However, from my 10+ years experience with them if I had to get a defective product from someone I would want it to be from them - very easy and quick to get in contact with and an impressive knowledge level (for general tech support). I also have the added bonus of living in Virginia which means 1 day standard and freight shipping. But definitely no qualms about ordering from them, particularly if you are unsure about something working (long return window). I always try to order from them if their price is at least competitive (which it often is except for special sales).

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
I've only bought one thing from them. An Onkyo receiver. I got the product for a good price, it arrived quickly and in good shape. They included stickers for labeling the wires which was a nice touch. The receiver ended up being a piece of crap, but it's not their fault. It's Onkyo's fault.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What were the 1 star reviews complaining about? Sometimes people can't separate problems with the product from problems with the store. However, from my 10+ years experience with them if I had to get a defective product from someone I would want it to be from them - very easy and quick to get in contact with and an impressive knowledge level (for general tech support). I also have the added bonus of living in Virginia which means 1 day standard and freight shipping. But definitely no qualms about ordering from them, particularly if you are unsure about something working (long return window). I always try to order from them if their price is at least competitive (which it often is except for special sales).
Didn't read them other than just scanning through quickly AND my memory sucks but, I just ordered the unit so we'll see if I have problems.

Should I do the square trade warranty which is only 3 years anyway (this unit has 3 year warranty) and is there any ADVANTAGE over it?

Thanks

George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts