AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedelbach  /t/1473055/do-you-keep-spare-bulbs#post_23324275

When bulbs cost $92 including next day delivery I'm not inclined to buy more than one at a time!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0069VK7ZW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah the reviews such but I got ~1500 hours out of my last one (even forgot to clean the filter the last 4 months
) so I just ordered another.

well mine looks pretty new I was just curious I figure with movie watching I will get at least 80-100 hours in about the first 3-4 weeks.

But then later doubling as a TV then it will rack up some hours, I should expect to notice a pretty large drop off in lamp brightness before it fails right?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
My PJ has 5 years on it and I have yet to change the bulb. When it does fail we'll turn the thing off and return to the movie after getting a new one a day or a week later.

I suppose if you often have people over (movie parties) then you might want a spare lest the event be spoiled, but that's the only reason I can think to risk buying a bad bulb whose warranty expires while sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on using it daily for 4+ hours, however I have to remind the family to not turn it on and off like a TV, just leave it on for however long instead of keep restriking the lamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts