AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard many numbers for the ANSI lumens rating of Qualia 002. The most recent 2000 ansi lumen. Is this not rarer low for a 900W xenon bulb? Big three chip dlps with big xenon bulbs seems to generate more light output than 2000 ansi lumen. Is three chip lcos less efficient than three chip dlp?

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I haven't heard exact numbers, but I'm sure others probably have.

The only thing I do know is that the bulb has three or more output levels. So 900+ Watts is the max, but I think the lowest mode is actually half of that.

I have heard 1000 lumens claimed for the unit on several occasions but I don't know what power level that was achieved at.

With all of the numbers floating around for the unit, I think the efficiency is still going to be on the order of a D-ila. At this early stage of SXRD, I think 3-chip DLP's are a little more efficient.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
27,309 Posts
With all the Hoop-la around this SXRd and the myriad of previous anticipatory threads, chatter, life changing technology, etc......things are mysteriously quiet.

Heck, no one even knows a price nor date of entry to the US market.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I asked that exact question at Cedia. The Sony rep I spoke with said the lumens ranged from about 900 to 1800 depending on the position of the iris.

·
Registered
792 Posts
BASED on several reports,(STERE0PHILE SHOW in CALIF, and the origional post on this thread ) on how bright the picture is on a 140" diagonal screen, one could reasonably say the unit probably does put out close to 2000 lumens, ( or certainly, the 1800 lumens the SONY rep mentioned in the above post.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.